Thursday, April 12, 2007

Chatham Movie

Hello,
I have a great interest in the movie Chatham. The reason for my interest is that it is based on the book Cap'n Eri and it just so happens that my name is Eri, Eri David Laing that is. I had an aunt who had a cousin named Eri, my mother liked the name and so here I am. For years we had thought it was a Scottish name until another aunt on my mothers side was reading her Bible, Genesis 46:16. There was my name in a list of other names. I think I was 12 or something like that and to find that my name had an origin after being given it in 1946. In fact I hated my name because in that day if you didn't have a name like Tom, Dick or Harry you got teased and a lot of other bad things.

Well, I guess I was 16 and another aunt was at a garage sale and found the book Cap'n Eri. Wow, a book with my name. Then I found that there was even a movie made of the book in 1915. And now another movie based on the book. I can't wait to see it. I was wondering if anyone knows who will be playing the part of Cap'n Eri? You can reach me at eridlaing@aol.com.

Thank You
Eri D. Laing
eridlaing@aol.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Filming for the movie "Chatham" has pretty much wrapped up. The Caped Cod was used prominently in this weeks shooting. The shop was dressed up to look like the Chatham Post Office circa 1905. Bruce Dern, David Carradine and Mariel Hemmingway were the main actors for the scenes involving our shop. It was fun to see downtown "retroed" up but it's nice to have things back to normal too. If you're interested in seeing some pics click the link below. My favorite is the one Bruce Dern signing my Ben Harper poster (his daughter Laura is married to Ben). He had to get a couple of rungs up a ladder to sign it and was teetering precariously.

Here's the link: http://thecapedcod.com/movie.htm

Take care,

Andy
www.TheCapedCod.com

Unbox Videos